After enjoying a generous potluck meal of chili, chicken, asparagus salad, and a tasty crab dip, Companions gathered to sing and pray, and to discuss listening and curious questions.
Innumerable are the ways
in which I treat you
as a means.
~ Walter Kaufmann, prologue from Martin Buber’s, I and Thou
During our March 29th meeting, we discussed listening and the beginning elements of story sharing.
Story sharing involves:
- Curious Questions:
- “No Fixing, Saving, Advising, Setting Anyone Straight”
- Listens for the Story, Not the Outcome
~ Hester & Walker-Jones, Know Your Story and Lead with It
Bible verses Matthew 19:16-22 (NLT) and Mark 4:22-24 (NRSV) were read in unison.
Songs We Sung
Accompanied by guitar and drum, we sang:
- I heard The Voice Of Jesus Say
- Kyrie Eleison (Lord Have Mercy) – by Nick & Anita Haigh
- The Spirit Sends Us Forth To Serve – word by Delores Dufner, OSB
Our ending prayer was from author J. Phillip Newell’s book, from Celtic Treasure.
If you are interested in learning more about Companions on the Way, we welcome your email!
Next meeting details can be found here.
Leave a Reply