Please Join Us
Companions on the Way is a group of people doing church differently.
“The church, then… must be above all a school of love. If it’s not that, it’s nothing. Its goal is not simply to pump knowledge into people, but to train them in the ‘way of love,’ so they may do the ‘work of the Lord,’ empowered by the Holy Spirit, as the embodiment of Christ.”~ Brian McLaren, “A New Kind of Christianity"
Who is this group for?
- Those who would normally never step foot in a church, and those who happily do every Sunday - and all those in between!
- The spiritual, the religious, and the undecided
- The deeply churched, the un-churched, the poorly churched, and the church-wounded
- Believers, Doubters, Questioners, Seekers, Explorers, and Pilgrims
- Those who desire a more intentional spiritual walk in their lives
- Those who want to worship with others, not just next to them
All are welcome!
What does this group do?
Companions on the Way is a gathering of people who want to do church differently. Inspired by Celtic New-Monasticism, we gather to engage our personal spirituality, in community – through exploring, learning about, and practicing our skills for loving relationship, according to the teachings of Jesus.
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” ~ John 13:34-35 (NIV)
What can you expect?
Each Sunday we'll gather together for a potluck at 5:30 pm (always optional).
At 6:30pm Worship and Sharing (also optional).
Visit our Our Blog for details about each week.
Pot Luck Dinner
- Bring a dish to pass
- Beverages (no alcohol, please)
- Adult and kid friendly
Songs & Worship
- Christ Beside Me  ♫
- All Are Welcome  ♫
- Kyrie Eleison (Lord Have Mercy)  ♫
- Selected Readings
- Personal Connections
- Living in Relationship
- Sharing Exercise